1. The 11th edition of the MIDNIGHT TRAIL BARCELONA will be held on Friday 12th May 2023, starting and finishing at the TIBIDABO amusement park in Barcelona and organised by Wefeel Events.
2. The Midnight Trail Barcelona is a night mountain race of 15 km through the natural park of Collserola with 775 meters of accumulated positive difference in altitude.
3. The start and finish of the race will be located at the entrance of the Tibidabo Amusement Park (Plaza de la Iglesia).
4. There will be 3 separate starts, separated by 3 minutes between each of them to ensure the safety of the participant.
20:30 – 1st start (runners with an estimated time of less than 1h 25′).
20:33 – 2nd start (runners with an estimated time between 1h 25′ and 1h 40′)
20:36 – 3rd start (runners with an estimated time of more than 1h 40′ ).
5. The race is open to federated and non-federated runners regardless of their nationality. Under 18s need authorisation from their parents or legal guardians to participate in any of the races.
6. All participants are obliged to run THE RACE WITH A FRONT OR LIGHT, otherwise they will not be allowed to start the race.
7. The course will be properly signposted with luminous elements (reflective bracelets collected just behind the last runner).
Refreshment point: kilometre 7 and 11 (approximately).
8. The organisers may modify the route for reasons beyond their control and/or force majeure. The maximum time to complete the course is 2h 15′. The closing staff will be maintained proportionally to this time at kilometres 5 and 10.
9. The organisation will have control of all runners who have taken the start in order to ensure that they reach the finish area.
10. Those registered will be able to collect the runner’s bag, with the race bib, on the days and times established in the bib delivery section of the race website.
11. The race will be timed by chip. It is compulsory to RUN WITH the CHIP to be included in the classifications and valid to run this race.
12. The organization has a civil liability insurance according to the current legislation. All participants will have an accident insurance contracted by the organisation. This insurance will cover the following points:
– Unlimited medical assistance for sports accidents in Spanish territory.
– Disability up to 12.000€ for sports accidents.
– Death due to sporting accident up to 6.000€.
The notification of the sporting accident must be on the same day as the sporting event. The coverage of medical or medical-surgical assistance will only be in the health care centres agreed by the insurance company.
13. The registration fee for the MIDNIGHT TRAIL BARCELONA is priced at 30€ until 25/02, 34€ until 31/03 and 40€ until 12/05. Registration is personal and non-transferable and will close when the 500 registered participants are reached or on the Wednesday before the race at midnight.
14. In no case will the registration fee be refunded, unless the race is suspended by decision of the organisation, for reasons attributable to it and/or for reasons related to the Coronavirus pandemic. In the event of extraordinary weather conditions or force majeure not attributable to the organisation and which make it impossible to hold the race, the organisation will not assume any responsibility and will not make any refund of the registration fee.
15. Participants in the MIDNIGHT TRAIL BARCELONA by registering give their consent to EMP Sport Events SL, by itself or through third parties, automatically and exclusively for sporting, promotional or commercial purposes, process their personal data. To waive this transfer, the participant must express it in the registration form at the time of registration. In accordance with the provisions of Organic Law 3/2018, of 5 December, on the Protection of Personal Data and Guarantee of Digital Rights (LOPDGDD) and the General Data Protection Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016, the participant has the right to access these files in order to rectify or cancel all or part of their content. To do so, he/she must request it by email to email@example.com. However, and in accordance with sporting interests, promotion and exploitation (reproduction of photographs of the circuit, broadcasting of videos, publication of rankings, etc.) by any device (television, internet, graphic advertising, etc.) and without time limit, the participants expressly grant the organisation the right to reproduce their name and surname, the place obtained in the ranking, their photographs and videos.
16. Bicycles or motorised vehicles not belonging to the organisation are forbidden during the race. Traffic control along the route is the responsibility of the Barcelona City Police.
17. The participant undertakes the race at his/her own risk. Likewise, he/she declares that he/she is in optimum physical condition for the development of the race and that he/she does not suffer from any illness that could put his/her physical integrity at risk. The participant acknowledges that he/she has been informed by the organisers of the characteristics of the event (physical, psychological, material, place, etc.) and that he/she is fully aware of them, and also acknowledges that the activity to be carried out may involve high physical demands and may have unforeseeable consequences for his/her health.
The participant exempts in any case, the organization of claims or demands for accidents or illnesses that may be contracted or aggravated during the test, by actions or omissions, for personal injury or property, and, without limitation, by theft, theft or damage to the material that may occur by their own actions, by other participants, or even during the development of the activity.
18. By the mere fact of participating, the present regulations are accepted. Anything that is not foreseen will be subject to the decision of the organisers.
19. Acceptance of these regulations also implies the commitment and respect for the environment and the fauna and flora of the Natural Park of Collserola before, during and after the race. Any participant who does not respect the Park’s regulations will be disqualified. Respect for and protection of the environment are fundamental to the organisation of the race. Any participant who throws waste (organic, plastic, etc.) outside the rubbish available at the 2 refreshment points will be disqualified.